Thursday, February 28, 2008
I've loved checking in on my friends blogs, to share in their lives and adventures. So here I am too, passing along some of the joy and surprise of this great mystery we call our life. As I write this I'm in Keene, New Hampshire, visiting Erika. This is the second time this winter I've flown out here simultaneously with a storm, both the snow and I coming across the continent from the Pacific Northwest. Day before yesterday it started dumping here, big fat powder flakes. Two inches in an hour and a half as we ski'd the Putney School nordic trails. The old rotten and ice crusted snow was soon blanketed by silky easy turning pow. The prediction was for 8-14 inches of new at the ski areas in Vermont so we drove to Londonderry yesterday and had a magic day at Magic Mountain. I only brought my backcountry gear so felt like I was travelling back in time ten years as I rode the lifts with light boots and patterned skis. A powder day like that is precious even in Oregon but in New England is more like a miracle. In the late afternoon we were still whooping with ecstasy as we sliced through untracked smoky powder. I'll be here for a few more days then back home next week to continue working on my house and other jobs. Wildflowers are already poking up through the ground and spring is just around the corner back home. But E is coming out next week and she's bringing her skis. With a ten foot base in Willamette Pass, we'll be skiing spring corn late into the summer. I'll be in Redding California next week to visit my mom and dad, to play a gospel music concert with my dad and celebrate thier 61'st anniversary. It's getting harder and harder to find time to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment