Friday, February 29, 2008
Just another ski day
Just like brain freeze but it hits your whole body- that's how cold it was this morning. A water bottle left in the car was froze solid. I was on the trail to do the Killburn Loop by 9. A couple of sidetracks across the frozen pond into the sun to thaw out my hands enough to handle the camera and to follow some fox tracks got me warmed up. The trail was bumpy, brushy, mostly shady and sometimes followed creek beds. I soon learned to not ski too fast around blind corners, after I launched over some big rocks and exposed creek holes. The loop was about six miles, and with my sidetracks to explore snow covered beaver ponds and turnable powder tree glades I think I did about 8. Back in Keene now to get some job scheduling and budgeting done, then to a contra dance with local folks and new friends tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment