Monday, March 31, 2008
Spring?!?
About 30" of new snow in the last four days in the pass. I tried to avoid thinking about how great the skiing must be up there. I tried to focus on work. Then Saturday rolled around and I just knew I had to take a day of rest in the mountain temple. I had just unloaded the chair from the top of Peak 2 when a Ski Northwest photographer stuck his television camera in my face, asked me to say and spell my name, then gave me specific instructions to drop into Northern Exposure's almost untracked powder. "Six million people are going to see this so ski slowly and conservatively and make it look like you're having fun" he said. Well, I got the last part right. With this much powder, part of having fun is making it cover your face, and that requires speed. Another photographer asked me to join him for another photo shoot, but I had already made plans to head into the backcountry with Dan and Fish. So we did. We took our own videos, which you can see in the YouTube link. Spring is just around the corner, or maybe around that next snow plastered tree at the bottom of this steep glade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Norm very happy to see you are having fun too. We get home on April 26th we should get together maybe some campin or kayaking... or something... M&K... our blog should be updated shortly!
Post a Comment