Monday, April 7, 2008

Nor's Abused and Neglected Dog and Boat Rescue Center

I rescued Bella from a neighboring boat in Newport that was destined to shipwreck on the rocks in Northern California a few months later by a careless and foolhardy skipper. I brought her home to the mountains where she has lived in peace among in the forest where a wolf belongs. Zorro, my other dog was also rescued from misery and certain death. So when I found this poor little abused Ranger 20 full of water and leaves with rotted rigging and moldy sails in Washington a couple weeks ago my soft heart didn't have much choice. I brought her home to a dry shop. All she needs is a little love: some hull paint, running rigging, wiring, a little carpentry, some cleaning, maybe a new mainsail and a dodger and she'll be the perfect boat for summer days and nights on Waldo, Odell and the lake at home. Like Erika told me, you sure are ambitious! I think that's another way of saying I'm a sucker for rescuing those that need it. But in the process I find what I need too.  

No comments: