Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back to Work

Progress on my home conversion to a vacation rental is coming along slowly. My time is spread thin between working on other building projects in order to earn the money to buy materials and free up my time to work on my own job. This particular project doesn't pay very well and the guy I'm working for is a ruthless slave driver that never lets me get away from the job. I couldn't sleep last night and so got up at 2 in the morning to finish some framing and electrical on the new kitchen. After working until daylight I made a trip to Eugene to pick up sheetrock and more materials, drive back home, stock 40 sheets into the house, meet the plumber, help him finish the new tub installation, hang the sheetrock in the kitchen, finish the wiring and move my temp sink, dishwasher and fridge into the new location. Worked until 1, non stop for a 23 hour work day. But almost every morning, as I'm eating breakfast, (cooking on the woodstove since I still haven't pulled the wire for the new range location) I look out across the lake at the eagle sitting in his morning tree and find the inspiration to keep moving forward. 

1 comment:

Eugene said...

Yo Nor m
Thanks for blogging! It is way cool to read about what you are up to from all the way across the country. This time it is my turn to spend a week out on the East Coast, as I am here with Natty and Lindsay exploring and hanging in New York City, well actually a bit north in Bronxville.
Glad to be here, but excited to come home and hit some of that spring corn with you too.

No one else makes a fellow homeowner feel lazy like you. Keep it up.
Eug